Nancy off line for some days

My tentacle is feeling a little stiff, but isn't very painful (unless I bend it too much! :smile: ) I can get around pretty well, but slowly (now if I only could swim about!)

Nancy

Ain't that the bee's knees, or something like that. :welcome: back! Are you home, or did someone bring a wireless laptop to your recovery room?

:welcome: back Nancy! Glad you're doing well. A word of warning....a friend tried to push her recovery too fast, did more than her PT said she should do, and ended up back in the hospital, so slow and steady is the way to go.

Yes, I'm home recovering and very comfortable. Sitting at my ususal place at my laptop, looking out at the shady deck and garden. It looks so much cooler than it is - will be over 100 degrees today.

Thanks for the advice, sorceress! The physical therapist is coming to my home this afternoon, will be here every day this week, and then 3 days/week for 5 weeks, so I'm going to get a real workout. No, I'm not going to push myself - these therapy sessions are supposed to be difficult enough. They measure the angles you can bend your leg with a protractor!

Your good wishes helped a lot, and it's great to be back. Just have a little catching up to do. I have some new ideas for Ceph Care, too.

Nancy

I

So glad to hear things are moving right along for you. Like sorseress said, slow and steady will get you repaired faster than pushing that knee.

Do you have a dog you can train to get you stuff?

Here are the beautiful flowers that Tony sent me on behalf of the TONMO.com community. They're more colorful than this photo shows, with deeper purples and stronger contrast. I've appreciated these flowers (they arrived shortly after I got out of the hospital) and wanted to thank all of you for the good wishes that have helped me during this time!

Nancy

Very, very happy that you are doing better ! It's great you have a room with a nice view too, that makes the recovery easier than sitting in some nasty hospital room.
Keep us posted,

Greg

Nancy;77343 said:
Thanks for the advice, sorceress! The physical therapist is coming to my home this afternoon, will be here every day this week, and then 3 days/week for 5 weeks, so I'm going to get a real workout. No, I'm not going to push myself - these therapy sessions are supposed to be difficult enough. They measure the angles you can bend your leg with a protractor!
I

Check with your therapist on that. My Dad's wanted him to push it HARD on the therapy, but not to put ANY weight on it. He took his pain pill before the session and did everything he was told and more. He didn't ever try to walk on it, but when he was at his final Dr. appointment the Dr. said "It's okay you can walk now" and he did. With no pain or limit to mobility he carried his walker to the car. Someone else at work had it done and started walking on it early and had problems afterwards.

My Dad is thrilled with the final results. You will do fine.

My boss had a ruptured achille's tendon, and in physical therapy he pushed too hard (under instruction) and it re-snapped so bad that it actually broke the skin when he fell forward. I mean, he really bent it! So his new philosophy is "steady as she goes."

Do what feels right!

Nancy, I'm glad the flowers met you well!

That's a scarey story, Tony! I've heard others, too.

Also, everyone who goes through knee replacement PT never forgets it - quite painful and of course your physical therapist is the taskmaster. I'm not going to do anything too drastic, but just improving my range of motion a bit each day takes a lot of effort!

Thanks for reminding me of this - I'll be careful!

Nancy

My friend was WAAAY too impatient, and decided she could walk on it and even go up and down stairs......She was soon to learn that her PT knew a lot more than she did. That's what you get for having a type A personality!
By the way Nancy, it's really nice having you posting again.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back