Mythos Minis

Go for it Toren!! Wanna see!

I've got a shedload of Cthulhu CCG, and I think I've only played it once or twice, but I got it to try and get my mates back into that sorta thing.

Graeme

Here is my Great Race of Yith, with and without flash.

Attachments

• conv_289017.jpg
    conv_289017.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 77
  • conv_289018.jpg
    conv_289018.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 80
Graeme said:
That's pretty sweet, dude. Did you just use filler for hte gaps? You can't go wrong with "red nippers" though:wink:

Graeme

Actually I think my friend Jamie painted this for me. But yes, putty. I have more pics I just haven't trimmed and posted them. But I will soon.

In my distant youth, I bought a few boxes of Call of Cthulhu miniatures... I just discovered that I still have them (even though I haven't played CoC for many years, and never really got my friends to play it that much). I hadn't realized how many of them I had painted... Anyway, if any of you more adept miniature-painters are interested in some of them, they're really just collecting dust where I have them now... I have a box of 1920ish people and their accessories, a box of "creatures," and a box of "horror movie creatures" like vampires and mummies and such, as well as some that were probably packaged separately. Kind of a mixed bag, some painted, some primered, and some just lead. Anyone interested in them? Am I foolish for not trying to sell them on ebay for a fortune (I guess they're "vintage," or at least probably date from somewhere around 1983-1987)...

sorseress said:
Yes, you probably are foolish...you might be able to fund your trip to see Dr.Steve if you sell enough of them....or not.

Well, OK, there's no question that I'm foolish in general, the only issue is whether I'm foolish about this in particular :roll:

but given what people will pay for a dosidicus beak, anything's possible...

!!

Monty, I'd be interested in taking a look at 'em!:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Of course, i don't believe in getting something for nothing, so I would be willing to pay a negotiable fee, as long as you don't mind British cheques, or international postal orders or what have you. It would be unfair to expect you to have to pay for shipping and customs or whatever, and I'm sure we could come to an agreement... that is unless there were anyone in the States willing to accept them, then I would (very reluctantly) allow them to have the treasure. Either that or I reckon you should paint them up and post 'em here.

Hmmm, that $86 Cthulhu works out at around £48.65!! Waaaayyyy too tempting.

RKD

Curse you Limeys, Paddies, Sawneys, and Taffies, with your exchange-rate evil! I remember, during the Reagan administration, when I was living in West Germany and the dollar was worth about 3+ Deutsche Marks! Ah, those were the (long-distant) days. :shock:

I don't miss being a teenager for one moment, but maybe if Putin and Bush can just bring back the Cold War... even for a few minutes... man, I could make a killing. It was good to be an American during the Cold War. Yeah, damn that was good. I was just too young to take advantage. Darn. But things were cheap.

Graeme said:
!!

Monty, I'd be interested in taking a look at 'em!:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Me too. I won't start a bidding war, unless there's something I absolutely must have.
And I'm in Canada. Does that get me extra points? We've got good health care!

Toren said:
Me too. I won't start a bidding war, unless there's something I absolutely must have.
And I'm in Canada. Does that get me extra points? We've got good health care!

Bidding war? I want to see you two in a fight to the death over my collection of lead figurines...

Ok, I'll try to find time to take some photos. Are miniatures that some amateur painted of interest (in the sense that you could either touch them up, or dump them into a bucket of paint thinner and start from scratch) or does that take all the fun out of it?

If it helps any, I have 3 boxes of minis from Grenadier Models: "Call of Cthulhu Creatures (6502, 1982)," "Call of Cthulhu Adventures[sic, they mean adventurers] (6501,1982)," and "Chill Nightmares (8501, 1985)"-- I guess "Chill" was some horror-based game system that didn't take off much. I also have some number of mostly Lovecraftian minis that I think I bought individually, including something that appears to be the same Yith miniature you guys both posted about (which is painted), and a "Mountains of Madness" creature (unassembled and unpainted), a Shoggoth (painted boringly), a nightgaunt (painted black, well, 'cuz), a Nyarlathotep-like thing (at least it's tentacle-faced), 2 Mi-Go, a "young of Shub Niggurath," and some other stuff I don't remember (I don't want to unpack the other box right now). It also looks like I got a bag of "props" like guns, boxes, saddles, lanterns, and stuff.

More when I get a chance to take some pix, I guess.

I'd be interested in one of those Cthulhu boxes, and mebbe another Elder being... to keep my one company, bless the little guy's crinoid socks!

RKD

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back