Mystique A. aculeatus

It would be very odd for her to do in the urchin so I suspect it is there somewhere (you should at least see the "shell" if it died but I very much doubt she eliminated it). On the other hand, the shrimp will likely to have been eaten :roll: even if she was not about to brood :biggrin2:. I've had a few peppermints to survive a couple of octos but not many and they are very quick to learn to stay on the opposite side of the tank.

Once again you were right :roll: Do you have to be so right ALL the time :biggrin2:. Of course in this case its a good thing. She is still doing well. I have been playing with her, trying to any way. She doesnt much care for being touched to much but is very interested in us and whats going on. She comes out mostly during the day.

Mystique picture updates...

DSC04643.jpg

DSC04647.jpg

We took measurements of Mystique arms the other day and she has gotten BIG. Her front arms (the arms closest to her eyes) are shorter that all the others but the second and third arms on both sides are about 10 inches long. Just 2 months ago I measured her and they were 7 inches long.

Mystique has been doing very well, but I have noticed some behavior changes. I have had her for 4 months and I think that she wont be around for month 5. Normally she is very shy. She wont let me touch her and is very cautious. But the last few days she is more brave and will even touch my fingers with her arms when I put them in at the top of the tank. I have also noticed that she wont except food. I have tried shrimp, crabs, and crayfish... but she wont take any of them. I hope I am wrong and she will come out of it, but I have been very pleasantly surprised that she has been with me this long.

Mystique passed away last week. She hadnt eaten for a few weeks so it wasnt a surprise. I had her for a while and she was great fun. RIP Mystique.

I still have Trinity so I dont think I will be getting another octopus for a while. I am actually thinking about down grading my tanks a bit as they take up soooo much space. My husband isnt so sure thats a good idea because of MTS but we will see.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back