Mystery thing

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
"Two legged mutton is a dish best served cold...and it is very, very cold in space, Captain Kirk..."

Greg

Uh, not to overstate the obvious Steve, but I believe YOU have the said object de weirdness :P I say take to to a herpetologist, then a mammalogist, the put your right foot in, then you shake it all about....

I'd say that's what its all about.

Sushi and Weird Bone Fragments,

John

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
It mostly looks like a piece of goat hoof...they sell them here at stores as dog treats ( :?: ) , showing the same sort of blood grooving on the inside, with the sheeted bone appearance on the outside...and the dimensions seem correct (ish). I have seen a lot of turtle/tortoise beaks, even fossilized...and I haven't seen that kind of porous structure on the inside of them, but I have only seen american species also, so I could be wrong...I guess my vote is for the hoof theory...
Greg

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Fujisawas Sake said:
Uh, not to overstate the obvious Steve, but I believe YOU have the said object de weirdness :P I say take to to a herpetologist, then a mammalogist, the put your right foot in, then you shake it all about....

Ney, sadly ... I've just got pics too :bonk: ; I'll direct the reporter here and he can make up his own mind ... never thought of going down to a butcher and asking for goats feet, but that's certainly one way to eliminate a possibility.