• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

mysids

octopi88;137366 said:
hi. when cuttlefish eggs hatch what do you feed the mysids until they are offerred to your cuttle

What I feed my mysid's, is brine shrimp artemia they love it especially if you can get them with there egg yolk still attached. Copepod's work to

lance

My S. bandensis feed only Mysis and frozen Mysis. Brine work for a short time, but mine don't like that much.
Copepods will be to small i think.
Mysis is a good food for the first 1-2 month, then you should start with some smaller ghost shrimps.

octopi88;137390 said:
ive hear of people feeding them cyclopeeze do i feed the frozen kind or the flake feed

that stuff is okay I just like freshly hatched artemia cause it is high in proteins, amino acids, and enriches the mysid's right before you feed and can be helpful to your cuttles.

lance

octopi88;137489 said:
thanks! i was totally clueless! i think ill just feed the freshely hatched brine shrimp to them

I hope it work's good for you it has been for me. I give them copepod's once a month and that is it i stick to brine other then that.

lance

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back