• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

My tank setup, need help!

M.V. said:
I had no clue what you said xD. But can you explain the way to avoid using an overflow box I didnt quite catch, and as for the holes I meant on the tank where should they go!?

hmmm...this is where it gets tough without 3-d mapping...hey Tony, can you jump up the bandwidth???? :lol:

I usually drill through the bottom of the tank, two holes, about 6 inches in from each side, and 3-4 inches from the back. Make sure that this coordinates with your stand first though !! (don't want piping where there are braces, etc.)
Alternatively, you can put the holes on the rear side of the tank too, as long as you have room to run the pipes between the tank and the wall.
There really are a lot of options!
hope this helps....greg

cthulhu77 said:
hmmm...this is where it gets tough without 3-d mapping...hey Tony, can you jump up the bandwidth???? :lol:

I usually drill through the bottom of the tank, two holes, about 6 inches in from each side, and 3-4 inches from the back. Make sure that this coordinates with your stand first though !! (don't want piping where there are braces, etc.)
Alternatively, you can put the holes on the rear side of the tank too, as long as you have room to run the pipes between the tank and the wall.
There really are a lot of options!
hope this helps....greg
Can you take a pic of it?

Well the size of the tank is:100 Gal. Long 72 x 18 x 17
The stand is:72x18 72 x 18 x 24 tall

Reccomendations as to were the wholes should go?

Is the top of your stand solid wood ??? you just need to make sure you can run pipes down without hitting anything structural.
I would just put one on the left, and one on the right...towards the rear wall, so they can be somewhat hidden...where they go exactly is up to you visually, but the tank manufacturer might be able to help you out with location too.

I will work on trying to get some pictures up of tank construction soon, unfortunately, I won't be around this weekend, but will jump on it next week.
greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back