• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

My tank setup, need help!

cthulhu77 said:
Well, if your tank is not drilled, you will have to have a side mounted overflow to use a sump...if it is drilled, you have more options of overflow sets.
Well when I order it I am also going to get it already drilled. (Same people who are selling the tank)

I would ask them about buying some bulkhead fittings for the holes, and a pair of intakes...they should have all of that on hand.
Sounds like it is going to be one heck of a tank!

greg

Thanks, this is my first time and I want my bimac to have the best time it can have!
I also have a small tank from back then which was i believe 30 gallons or 35, can that be used as a sump?

Oh and as for filter and skimmer I have chosen the EHEIM Professionel Wet/Dry Filter 2229 and The Turboflotor 1000 I also decided to take up on the pump they reccomended, The Ocean Runner Pump.

This tank sounds like it is going to be perfect !!!! Congratulations on building a really good setup !!!

greg

yes, most definitely...it can be done usually with pvc (white/food grade) or clear hose and clamps...it sounds a lot harder than it actually is.
greg

unfortunately, it is so "tank specific" that is is hard to make any sweeping coverage...if you would like, when you get the tank, post measurements of the tank, sump, stand, etc...perhaps with a diagram, and we can easily sort it out for you !
greg

cthulhu77 said:
unfortunately, it is so "tank specific" that is is hard to make any sweeping coverage...if you would like, when you get the tank, post measurements of the tank, sump, stand, etc...perhaps with a diagram, and we can easily sort it out for you !
greg
I will do so, Greg you have been so much of a help to me!

i have that exact 2229 filter for my octo tank. it is a 150 gallon. it works great. it is 60 percent of my filtration but it works great,.
if u have any questions please ask
greg

No sweat, compadre ! Colin will chime in too, as well as Nancy...both have a plethora of experience regarding plumbing tanks !

greg

(sidenote: have you seen "the three amigos" ? have to love that bit: "do you know what a plethora is?" "Si, I know what a plethora is." "would you say that I have a plethora of pinatas?" ) :lol:

I like to put them about 3-4 inches from the rear wall...if you can avoid using an overflow box, do so...the octos tend to hole up in them. A better way to do it is to just use a strainer top (like the intake strainer from a power filter) capping off the intake tube.

greg

I had no clue what you said xD. But can you explain the way to avoid using an overflow box I didnt quite catch, and as for the holes I meant on the tank where should they go!?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back