• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

My octo

UNMC2010

Blue Ring
Registered
It has been a while since I posted anything so I thought I'd throw out an update. I have had my octo for 3 or 4 months I believe and it is doing very well. I am almost 100% sure it is a bimac as it has the unbroken blue eye spot.

It was very small when I got it (I gambled on the species and got it from live aquaria because of their guarantee) and it has nearly tripled in size.

Unfortunately I had to move it into another tank last night as I'm downsizing my tanks. The new tank has much better filtration as well. Long story short I was very nervous handling the octo and during the overall move. I was very worried that I would stress it out too much. It has been 24 hours and my octo has eaten a fiddler so I think all is well.

I really do enjoy keeping these guys and I was ecstatic when I realized it was a bimac! He is very active with the lights on and off, so much attitude!!

Thanks again for all the great info on this forum; I don't know what I would do without it!!