• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

My New Baby is here!

Alas, for whatever reason he didnt fare well through the night. The water parameters were all good and I removed the uneaten shrimp. He did well for the first twelve hours but then when we got up this morning we found him, obviously dead. He must have been too stressed from the shipping....We will have to be more careful about how we get the next one, If we can find one again. He was a braireus. :frown:

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
So sorry to hear...Sometimes they just can't handle the stress of shipping and such. Hope you will try again. Over the years I too have had babies that just didn't make it past that 24-48 hour period.

Carol

Thank you to all of you. I will be on the search for another octo - if any of you have any suggestions on where I can find one please let me know. Much appreciated.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Sorry about your little octo not surviving. Hope it goes better the next time.

Nancy