My first O. Hummelincki

She has always loved animals. Even before she was born we decorated her crib and all of her toys with ocean animals and scenes. She likes to watch the fish when I take her to my LFS. She really enjoyed it when we had a reef tank. She used to just sit there and stare at the fish.

On a side note though, Bubbles went to a specific corner of the tank that she went to last night, but has stayed there unmoving ever since. I'm pretty certain she will stay there all night. She also was out and about more like she used to. She's still digging, but not as much. I don't know if it's the extra food, cleaner water, or the fact that I moved the rocks around, but she does seem to like this new arrangment much more.

Is it natural for this species(I'm using this loosly since it is believed that O. Hummelincki may be a catch all classification for many subspecies) to have the two front arms right infront of the eyes to be shorter than the rest? I've noticed this many times when she spreads out. Her two front arms that line up almost directly with her eyes are drastically shorter. Does anyone have any input on this?

I have noticed this too but have never determined if it is from damage or is diagnostic. Since you have had this one since it was tiny, it suggests the later.

Bubbles is a really nice shot at hitting me from time to time, but to have the intelligence and learning capability to learn how to shut off a light and then do it repeatidly. That's amazing.

Bubbles has been out in plain sight almost the entire day. I fed her a little while ago and she went behind the rocks and has stayed there snice. The lights should be turning off soon so if she stays there the rest of the night and comes back out tomorrow then I'll take this as a good sign. Still no eggs.

Well I'm not really the best with the Paint program, but I think I did a decent job. I just spent the past three hours or so drawing up a rough floor plan of how I'd like to see my family's house built. Please note that this is not to scale. You can tell by the various thickness of different walls and hallways. But that is the large 15' x 15' tank that I will have built. This will not be for octopus. I hope to have my current stingray along with at least one shark and various fish in this. I'm still not sure where I'm going to put the 250 gallon tank for any future octopus.

Attachments

• conv_297800.jpg
    conv_297800.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 78
You might want to consider reversing the dining and kitchen areas and using a double wide opening without door (it would need a header like that over a door for support) for a viewing space to the tank in the dining area,

I see what you mean, but I really want the kitchen and dining room as is, so I took out the wall flush on both sides to allow more viewing area of the tank from the dining room area. I really like the idea of walking down the hall with the tank on one side and a solid wall on the other. Also unless there are little lines jetting out from the corners, there is no door in the openings. This is still a work in progress, and I'm open to any and all suggestions.

You can see the changes I made in the first picture. I will not repost it everytime it changes. I will just change the picture in the first post.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back