• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

My first O. Hummelincki

Bubbles was out for a little this evening. She didn't venture too far, just to the rocks outside her den. She sat perched atop the rock facing her den. Every time she crawls back into her den she pulls empty shells up to the entrance trying to wall herself in like her private little draw bridge.

Bubbles had her first experience with the scrub brush today. She always swiped at it while I cleaned, but today was the first time she grabbed it. I tried to get the camera so I could record it, but it all happened too fast. She was so overzealous about grabbing it. The second she wrapped her arms around it she freaked, jetted to the back of the rocks, and inked a good little bit. Not discouraged, she still crawled around the reef and played a little with the other end of the scrub brush. I'll post the videos when they are done loading.

The tank is looking a bit scarce of those hermits I placed in there about a week ago. Bubbles is still trying to pull a bunch of shells into the den entrance in my opinion to wall her self in. Since the tank was looking a little void of crabs I decided to give her a shrimp. She took this a little hesitantly, not wanting to leave her den. I got to see how large she's grown while she lay there munching on the shrimp in a relaxed state. It still blows my mind. She's at least 5 or 6 times larger than when I got her. She's been such an amazing animal, and I've learned quite a bit from this little creature.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Casey Leigh

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak