My first baby bandensis, one of many I hope.

This Saturday, I almost picked up some small green Chromis for a cuttle treat, but the LFS owner told me he treats this set of 4 tanks w/ copper so I did not get any.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
There is no real reason to feed them fish and the danger of copper, either at the pet store or at the wholesaler, makes it undesirable.

Like was said, I was thinking about something different to feed them maybe once a month. We have Mummichong here which I believe is a type of killifish and I can probably get a few now and then. They're wild caught in the cold N. Atlantic, but kept captive at a friend's shop. No copper or anything for that matter is used there.
I recently heard of a company in Seabrook, NH that raises mysids for water quality checking. I should check into them as it's not too far from me.
Granted I'm a total noob, but I think these large live amphipods we have are awesome cuttlefish food and possibly easy to culture as first foods as I noticed hundreds of tiny ones in their tanks carbon reactor as I emptied it.