• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

My Cuttlefish Tank

Hello all. I was on here several months ago, and now I am proud to say that I am on my way, soon to have cuttle babies....

My tank is a 48g cube with black siliconed corners with a Current USA Sundial 4x24w T5 in addition to another 2x24w Current fixture. The skimmer is a Euro Reef RS-80, and the tank is drilled twice with 2x2" holes drilled for a Calfo-style overflow with all black painted dursos! :madsci: It has about 2" of sand and about 70 lbs of rock. The return is split for two outlets, and I have a koralia #4 in there temporarily until I can purchase a couple of #2s. Here are some pics, they aren't completely up to date, but close enough. I already have zoas and rics in there, and they are doing well. I plan on adding alot of macro algae, but I am unsure of the biotope of the sepia, and I would like macros that are prevalent to their native regions.

Here are some pics!

Front view..... :smile: It is now more illuminated, as this was only with 2x24w T5s. There are 6 now.
DSC_0269.jpg

I love EuroReef!
DSC_0274.jpg

Side View
DSC_0265.jpg

Thanks for looking! All advice/comments allowed and appreciated.