My Cuttle

new picture

thanks for all the reply's and info folks. He's still skiddish when I enter the room, but eventually calms down to study me if i sit silently near the tank for a while. Here's another pic.

42524692997_869.jpg

going on 2 weeks

So far so good - he's grown to a whoppnig 3 1/2 inches. He wont eat any frozen food but is content with live fresh water fish - which I keep in a small plastic fish bowl with a cheap filter next to the tank so I can keep a 2 week supply on hand. I started with rosey reds and upgraded to small goldfish (about 1/4 to 1/3 his size) - 1 fish, 2 times a day. He's a sloppy eater chewing out the meaty mortions then dropping the rest to the group - which is soon swept up by one of his two brittle star-fish roommates. He has become much less skiddish - actually hanging around the front of the tank watching me when I'm in the room. If I move slow enough I can put my hand up on the tank near him and he'll hover checking my hand and me out. Though my cat still scares the heck out of him.

I have noticed his color-changing limited to the tank items (sand, liverock, algea, etc. ) which is pretty boring. I'm going to start adding some corals and other colorful items to see if I can coax him into some more brilliant color immitations.

I just fed him a couple minutes ago - and he does like to hide while he is in in the process of consuming his prey. I'll try to get a picture later when he comes out again.

BTW - tank setup: I have about 8 liverocks aranged on top of each other and a man-made fish cave big enough for him to hide in. I think when he wants to hide he's more apt to just settling tot he ground in plane sight and blending with the sand floor - so he can still see his environment.

OH - and I did just order a dozen fiddler crabs as a special treat for him. My local pet store usually sells them for $2 each and only carries a couple at a time - but I struck a deal for $1 each if I buy more then 10 at a time.

Things are looking pretty good, just be careful when feeding them feeder fish, they might have been previously treated with copper based medicines and as you know, cephs are very sensitive to copper.

what size tank do you have?

i just ordered one and the guy from octopets told me to avoid feeding things such as goldfish

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back