• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Mr. Ocho (O.Bimaculoides)

pkilian

Wonderpus
Staff member
I know I can speak for everyone when I say we really appreciated reading and learning about Mr. Ocho with you! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us!

adlysia

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Well, that day arrived....

After months of not eating and never leaving the mug, Mr. Ocho passed through the Octo gates and is in octo heaven.

We were lucky enough that he never left his mug and easily viewed the entire time. Just in the mug, half closed with shells, breathing away and wiggling his arms all over. We tried many times to offer food but he wanted nothing to do with it. It seems truly amazing that he lived as long as he did without eating but he obviously had transitioned into another stage of his life.

He passed away over the night last night and we found him in the morning. It was also amazing once we scooped him out how small he actually squished down to in the net.

I want to thank everyone again and all involved in the bimac efforts. @tonmo ! We really had a lot of fun watching this guy and feeding him and interacting. It's a shame it doesnt last longer but that is life. Right now our 200 G tank is empty except for a few crabs lurking around like an army so who knows that the next will bring. Maybe another octo! Never know.

Thank you again.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Mr. Ocho's story here-- I really enjoyed reading it <3

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acorn kid

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak