• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Moving my Octo System and in Need of Advice

jkprules

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hey guys. So I've got a 40 gallon setup with a 20 gallon refugium/sump for what I think is a bimac. I've had him for awhile and he's about the size of a golf ball.

Here is my delema. I'm about to move to the coast which is about two and a half hours away and I'd like to take the setup with me and cause as little of a amonia spike as possible. Any advice? I've heard that Algone pads in my filter might help out once I get things set up again. Thoughts?

Large rubbermaid type containers ( I have 3 32gal myself ) and save as much of everything that you can. Move your rock carefully to avoid killing the stuff living on it and don't let anything important dry out like your filter media with all those good bacteria. Anyway 2 hours away isn't that far.

I moved two tanks cross country, about a thousand miles. Both were fish only/live rock tanks. I put everything (all the fish and rock) in buckets of tank water. The whole process took about four days and everything came out OK, although they were all small fish. A small octopus will have no trouble with a couple hours in a bucket.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back