moving aquarium. Help

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Nah, just keep the sand damp. So drain the water all the way to the level of the sand or below. Extra water will weigh more and if moved will stir up the sand. I have no idea how many people youm might need - specially without knowing how much sand. :biggrin2:

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
well the tank is almost cube shaped (slightly rectangular, but very little) i dont know the exact measurements, but it has a 2-3 inch sand bed.. i know its not much information, but estimates would be helpful as well..

simple;103392 said:
so with the sand in it and maybe like 2 or 3 inches of water to keep the sand "live" how much do you think the tank would weigh? will 3 or 4 people be enough to move this? Because so far i have 3 people in total and i want to know if i should ask more people for help moving this...

I would say you should have at least 4 people... I moved a 55 gallon aquarium with about 3 inches of sand and we needed two strong people. :roll: Of course, we did have to take it up 34 steps... Thales is right about just keeping the sand damp, you don't need any extra water.

oscarjunk25

Banned
Banned
cuttlegirl;103395 said:
I would say you should have at least 4 people... I moved a 55 gallon aquarium with about 3 inches of sand and we needed two strong people. :roll: Of course, we did have to take it up 34 steps... Thales is right about just keeping the sand damp, you don't need any extra water.

I agree with this assessment

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
simple;104017 said:
ok thanks but the tank was already moved and it contains my new octo =D

Don't thank him/her too much, he's a spammer trying to pretend to be making an on-topic post. :yuck:

We have been occasionally invaded by people trying to raise their google rankings by mentioning off-topic URLs, and their new tactic is to make a few vague but sort-of-on-topic posts because some forums only check that the first 2 posts someone makes aren't spam.

This is particularly annoying me because this kind of crap means that when people look at the old posts for advice, they can't easily tell who is just here for bogus spam reasons but is pretending to be giving good advice.

That being said, I'd love to hear about how you actually got the tank moved, and if you learned anything you could pass on to people in that situation in the future!

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
yea spammers are pretty annoying. I knew it was weird when he just said "i agree".... well anyways when i moved the tank i wasnt able to keep the sand in it because it was an insane amount of weight, with the tank itself (1/2" glass).. but besides that i kept to my plan

Latest Posts