• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

move cuttles

morpheus

Hatchling
Registered
Hello

I´m still preparing for my first cuttlefishes, right now i think about how the raise them.
i´ve got the possibility to bring them up in several small tanks connected with one sump but i will have to move them from this system to my display-tank.
Is it a big problem to move the cuttles from one tank to another, is it too much stress for them will they ink if i move them?
i´m a bit unsure what would be the best.

PS: already used the search, sorry if i missed information about that.

It is possible to move cuttlefish, I moved mine from a 29 gallon to a 55 gallon when they were about 5 months old. However, it would be better to keep them in the same tank since you can't be absolutely certain that the water parameters will be the same in both tanks (even with a long acclimatization). Could you keep them in small, floating breeding tanks until you release them in your bigger tank?

When I moved the cuttles, I let them swim inside a small plastic container and then lifted the entire container out of the water, I put them in a bucket and then acclimatized them in the bucket before moving the small container into the larger tank.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back