more pics of the new octo

well tonight i walked in after the moon lights were on to see if it was out and there it was just peekin out the den. so i sat there for a few minutes and out comes the octopus cruisin the tank for a meal. next thing i know i see an arm come shooting out of the rock snagging one of my fish. not sure which one it was (hoping it was just one of the fish from the creek behind my house and not one of my 6 year old yellow watchman gobies that are mated) but i will just have to wait till in the mornin to find out. as it was crawlin back in the den i could see an eye looking at me through the webbing of the poor fish. oh well got some good pictures while it was out though:wink:

Attachments

• conv_303200.jpg
    conv_303200.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
  • conv_303201.jpg
    conv_303201.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
  • conv_303202.jpg
    conv_303202.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • conv_303203.jpg
    conv_303203.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
used a flash and absolutly no reaction what so ever. the only thing he didnt like was the speed light before the flash.

on a sad note i believe the fish that was eaten last night was my female yellow watchman. so much for the mated pair.

RIP yellow watchwoman :sad:... although I want to thank you for mentioning it, because it seems like a lot of people seem reluctant to mention when things don't work out perfectly with respect to tank mates, but it's good data for trying to warn people what might be worth watching out for.

funny thing is is that those yellow watchman gobies have lived through about 3 other octopus so you would think they would have learned by now. now im waiting to see if my 6 year old cardinal that has lived with every octopus ive owned makes it. luckly hes got those big nocturnal eyes so he can see it comin

joefish84;108796 said:
funny thing is is that those yellow watchman gobies have lived through about 3 other octopus so you would think they would have learned by now. now im waiting to see if my 6 year old cardinal that has lived with every octopus ive owned makes it. luckly hes got those big nocturnal eyes so he can see it comin

Hmmm... maybe this octopus is smarter/quicker/hungrier than the others...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back