Monterey

you should go to Monterey bay, California. they have a aquarium that has the BEST octopi exibits. or, if you want to swim with the octopus, the aquarium is right on the water and in summertime you can kayak and dive in the underwater canyon. it's as close to a abyssal trench as you'll get.

(i sound like a salesman, don't i)

Re: Monterey

supernick said:
you should go to Monterey bay, California. they have a aquarium that has the BEST octopi exibits. or, if you want to swim with the octopus, the aquarium is right on the water and in summertime you can kayak and dive in the underwater canyon. it's as close to a abyssal trench as you'll get.

I have been there, i think. i am only ten years old. i want to be a marine biolagist when i grow up. did you know that a giants squids eye, is the size of a dinner plate? Scientists say that they are sea monsters. i call the scientists :madsci: :madsci: :madsci: (mad scientists) . :lol: :lol: :lol:

supernick said:

Supernick,

Actually, there is a canyon off the coast in Monterey Bay. The aquarium features a live show broadcast by the ROV Tiburon from the depth of Monterey Bay Canyon. The ROV is run by the nice folks at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI).

My wife and I are members of the aquarium. Its one of the most amazing places on Earth.

Sushi and Sake,

John

Dolphin_Girl said:
I have been there, i think. i am only ten years old. i want to be a marine biolagist when i grow up. did you know that a giants squids eye, is the size of a dinner plate? Scientists say that they are sea monsters. i call the scientists :madsci: :madsci: :madsci: (mad scientists) . :lol: :lol: :lol:

:welcome: Dolphin Girl!

Yep we're :madsci: although some of us are madder than others !!!!! Are you SURE you want to join the madness when you grow up? :lol: Actually it's a very rewarding career and you get to see and do some cool stuff (course you also have to do some boring :sleeping: ,yucky :yuck: and downright smelly :yuck: :yuck: stuff too!)

J

Fujisawas Sake said:
supernick said:

My wife and I are members of the aquarium. Its one of the most amazing places on Earth.
so am i! is'nt the part atthe ceph exibit with the tv guy with the octo great??? :cuttle: :chillpil:

Yay for the monterey bay aquarium. I'm a volunteer diver at the aquarium and I used to be an otter rehab volunteer. My favorite exhibit there is the cuttlefish. Unfortunately, I've learned that they're going to be going away. They're planning to remodel that area in September 2004 and the cuttle fish are going to get the boot. The upside is that they're going to expand the Giant Pacific Octopus exhibit. The cuttle fish is one of the only non-native species in that area and that seems to be the number one motivation for their removal. I think they ought to be replaced with some loligo or, even better, some dosidicus.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jared said:
Yay for the monterey bay aquarium. I'm a volunteer diver at the aquarium and I used to be an otter rehab volunteer. My favorite exhibit there is the cuttlefish. Unfortunately, I've learned that they're going to be going away. They're planning to remodel that area in September 2004 and the cuttle fish are going to get the boot. The upside is that they're going to expand the Giant Pacific Octopus exhibit. The cuttle fish is one of the only non-native species in that area and that seems to be the number one motivation for their removal. I think they ought to be replaced with some loligo or, even better, some dosidicus.

I think they might have problems displaying Dosidicus!! Large oceanic predatory squid just don't do well. Course you could always toss in few divers for their dinner :twisted: I believe Loligo has been held in captivity though. Maybe in Galveston.........Fluffysquid would that be right?

J

Joel_ang--We're actually moving there permanently. Most of my family is out west, while I live in the frigid tundra. :smile:

I'm sure I'll make several trips down to the Monterey aquarium.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back