Monterey FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Eric

You just mention to the Marriott person on the phone that you are with TONMO. However, if you go with the aquarium package, you get two days at the aquarium for the price of one. If you will be in Monterey for a little while, you may want to do that. I could easily spend two days there. Their website will tell you more about that at

http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/vi/vi_aquarium/vi_aq_hotels.asp

Melissa

Monterey weather

Mark Twain wrote that the coldest winter he ever saw was a summer in San Francisco. Pack a sweater for Monterey. The southwestern US has been experiencing an extreme heat wave, but the coast near the bay is much cooler. Erich told me that he's been checking the weather there and we should expect it to be around 60 degrees F (about 15 degrees C).

Melissa

Well, this week, temperatures inland have been in the neighborhood of 103-105 F, while over on the coast (where we're going to be), they've been in the mid-60s F. Moss Landing (where MBARI is located) should also be on the cool side.

On another note, if you haven't already booked your rooms, then beware: prices will have gone-up considerably! Not only are we in competition with the nearby Steinbeck Festival, but at Pebble Beach they are gearing-up for the Concours d'Elegance (August 21), which is pretty much the World's biggest classic car show. The guy on the phone at my motel seemed to think it was our weekend, but although prices have gone up accordingly, it will be a couple of weekends later. This is good. No pitched battles of dosidicus vs. Delahaye, or taningia vs. Talbot-Lago. Can you imagine what a good-sized beak could do to a paint job?

Weather has been really awesome lately here in Monterey. Mornings and late evening fog, blue skies in the middle of the day. Pack a sweater, but no need for artic parkas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back