Molly - A. aculeatus

i gotta use my phone until my wife comes home, then im gonna talk her into getting a camera

This too, seems to be part of keeping cephs we just have not come up with an official syndrome name :lol:

A lot of people like the Nikon Cool Pix series but I don't have one to give a recommendation on model (my beloved Canon G9 is no longer made and the newer ones are very different from this model). Hopefully several keepers will suggest which one.

im thinking about the sony cybershot WX9. it just came out last month. im not sure how good the macro shots are though.

hes kinda cruising around the tank now. sticking to the glass all balled up. its almost as if he is imitating my turbo snail. is this behavior normal? also he moves kinda sketchy....almost like a robot not very fluant you know. is that normal?

oh man, so cool he scooped the remains of his crab out of his den to the front so that i could get it (i think he watched me when i removed the clam shell)

octomatic;175243 said:
hes kinda cruising around the tank now. sticking to the glass all balled up. its almost as if he is imitating my turbo snail. is this behavior normal? also he moves kinda sketchy....almost like a robot not very fluant you know. is that normal?

Yes, this is normal behavior and described in lots of different ways. He'll have lots of different moods and you'll get used to how he moves, his color and skin texture, and all the other ways it's moods effect how it looks and acts. Have fun!

hey diet wise do you think mostly live crabs would be best? with maybe a few clams. i wanna stay away from frozen foods if possible

WOOOOHOOOOO! my wife let me buy the new Nikon CoolPix S9100!

this is the first picture i took with it. as you can see he is hiding in my liverock. more pics to come when he is out and about

Attachments

• conv_298129.jpg
    conv_298129.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 113
Congratulations on your first octopus!

I have a Nikon Coolpix p100, I am very happy with it. Not sure how your model differs from mine but your photo is very clear. I look forward to some more great shots. :biggrin2:

i think "he" is a SHE. im not seeing any protective curling of the third right arm....i'll need to keep a close watch that way ill know for sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back