• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Missing suckers?

AuroraVK

Blue Ring
Registered
Hi there -

I just noticed this tonight. Moriarty has been eating and was super playful tonight, but I noticed it looks like he is missing suckers and it seems to be black-ish around the base - I think I would have noticed this before because of the dark rings around them, but I’m not 100% sure. I read what I could on here and didn’t really see anything similar.

AFD3C319-6B27-4F12-8F65-1CC5922124F7.png

Any thoughts?

Hello! I did read that article before asking my question, but Frank's looked a little different than Moriarty's. That said, Moriarty seemed to be good but tonight he was kind of being weird, he wasnt as graceful as usual though he was very active. I think he’s still eating but he catches live so it’s hard to tell if he ate tonight or not. I read on here that when males age they start to act “senile” - what does that look like? Hopefully I’m just being paranoid but he seemed out of sorts tonight

I read about it last night until late and I think he may be getting senile. I double checked all my parameters today and they are all good:
Ph: 7.6
Phosp: .03 with Salifert tests
Nitrite/chlorine: 0
Nitrate: <10ppm
Temp: 56.9-57.5
Salinity: 35ppt (adjusted for 77 degree water)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back