• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Missing Octopus Return

vegetell425

Blue Ring
Registered
First off has anyone heard of using ammonia to cycle your tank. It completely cycles your tank extremely fast. http://www.csupomona.edu/~jskoga/Aquariums/Ammonia.html
Well i used that 3 out of my 5 tanks. My thirty gallon i did that and it housed my pygmy octopus. He dissappeared for awhile. And i pronounced him missing or dead. I had liverock cycling down stairs and it finished. So i put it in the thirty gallon for 1 day till i could move it to my 55 gallon.(i used ammonia on that and it took alittle less than a month to cycle) When i was ready i got two buckets but the liverock in it with no water. Then i took it to the living room. The liverock was out of the water for 30mins. Well i got it all arrange. I let it go. Two weeks later my seahorse had three pre-babys last night and i woke up at 5:30 to see if he would start the rest this morning but none. I was scanning the tank and in the front corner there was a blob. It scared me and i noticed it was the octopus. I quick got two nets and my little fry tank and got him out with out inking. He now is back in his home tank. So with using the ammonia method can a cephalapod be housed in about a month. That tank is only going on two months soon. Im going to test this idea out when i move in march. Im tearing down my 55 fish tank because i used copper in it to heal fish and buy another tank and stand start another tank. Im going to purchase a bimac first to try out my thearoy. Well some input or questions are welcome. Opps in the 55 gallon tank where the pygmy got into has. 6 seahorse, 11 peppermint shrimp, 15 snails, 10 hermits. Well the hermit and snail pop. decreased while he was in there.[/url]

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back