• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Missed my chance

There was an octopus briareus posted on ebay for two weeks and I missed my chance to get one.

Now there are no more listings, and apparently no octopuses available anywhere :[

Ugh, frustrated. :mad:

Anyway. The use of this post other than venting: Anyone know if the octopus season is over now? Thanks.

Krakilin;128121 said:
Thanks Animal Mother. I actually got a hold of Carol on Ebay. I guess she's friends with dwhatley

I should have it by next Tuesday!!

:lol:yeah, you could say that (I am the webmaster for their new web site).

What kind of octo do Lynn and Carol have:mrgreen:? I try to talk my way into most that Lynn finds (both Hummelincki's were from Lynn and he is learning to recognise them - "they look like they have algae hanging growing on them"). Super people, you will enjoy working with them. Lynn is a fully licensed collector and handles his stock with care and concern. He has always been a bit afraid of octos (not sharks though :roll:) until getting Octane for me. Now Carol wants one as a pet and Lynn is enjoying finding them.

Haha that's great :smile: They seem like good people. I was trying to figure out which one they're going to ship me.

They said that it has longer arms. :confused: Perhaps Aculeatus?

Krakilin;128162 said:
Haha that's great :smile: They seem like good people. I was trying to figure out which one they're going to ship me.

They said that it has longer arms. :confused: Perhaps Aculeatus?

Definitely NOT Aculeatus. It will be a Caribbean octo. Lynn is the direct collector so it will be locally caught while diving. Longer arms could mean briarius or vulgaris :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back