• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Missed my chance

There was an octopus briareus posted on ebay for two weeks and I missed my chance to get one.

Now there are no more listings, and apparently no octopuses available anywhere :[

Ugh, frustrated. :mad:

Anyway. The use of this post other than venting: Anyone know if the octopus season is over now? Thanks.

Thanks Animal Mother. I actually got a hold of Carol on Ebay. I guess she's friends with dwhatley

I should have it by next Tuesday!!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Krakilin;128121 said:
Thanks Animal Mother. I actually got a hold of Carol on Ebay. I guess she's friends with dwhatley

I should have it by next Tuesday!!

:lol:yeah, you could say that (I am the webmaster for their new web site).

What kind of octo do Lynn and Carol have:mrgreen:? I try to talk my way into most that Lynn finds (both Hummelincki's were from Lynn and he is learning to recognise them - "they look like they have algae hanging growing on them"). Super people, you will enjoy working with them. Lynn is a fully licensed collector and handles his stock with care and concern. He has always been a bit afraid of octos (not sharks though :roll:) until getting Octane for me. Now Carol wants one as a pet and Lynn is enjoying finding them.

Haha that's great :smile: They seem like good people. I was trying to figure out which one they're going to ship me.

They said that it has longer arms. :confused: Perhaps Aculeatus?

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Krakilin;128162 said:
Haha that's great :smile: They seem like good people. I was trying to figure out which one they're going to ship me.

They said that it has longer arms. :confused: Perhaps Aculeatus?

Definitely NOT Aculeatus. It will be a Caribbean octo. Lynn is the direct collector so it will be locally caught while diving. Longer arms could mean briarius or vulgaris :biggrin2:

Latest Forum Posts