• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

mirror??

anyone have experience using mirrors with octopi?? i have a bird toy mirror but i dont want to use it until im sure its safe, like, that he wont freak out and die. also, i put a fiddler crab in a pb jar for him but he couldnt seem to see the clear jar and didnt seem to understand what it was. i have spring break next week so Schlemm wont have his usual entertainment, students. any ideas on entertaining him?

I wouldn't recommend it...you are better off putting your tv on a timer, perhaps the animal channel? Since octos are territorial, you might be just irritating him by showing another one nearby...

Yes, that's good advice to avoid the mirror.
We've had a number of reports of octopuses watching TV. They seem to like cartoons and sports.:smile:

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back