• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Mimzy arrived!

I finally got my Filosus from saltwaterfish.com! It was supposed to arrive yesterday morning but the flight was delayed or something. When I opened the bag he was all white and I was afraid that he was dead, but he looks like he's doing better.

I tried offering him a piece of shrimp. The first time he pulled it in stick and all. I was afraid that the pointy part of the stick would jab him so I pulled pretty hard and he let go of both =\
Second and third attempts he just pushed it away so I gave up. I guess I wouldn't want a meal after a long and stressful flight too.

Attachments

• conv_303093.jpg
    conv_303093.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 51
  • conv_303094.jpg
    conv_303094.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 45

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Welcome to Mimzy! Looking better, will hopefull eat in a day or so. Do you have any live crabs to offer?

Nancy

Thanks =D So happy! He's been moving around his tank a lot and I just managed to feed him some thawed shrimp. He still did the same thing and held onto the stick but this time I just let him have it. He eventually tossed it away and began consuming the shrimp!

His mantle is about 3 inches long and the arms are about 4 inches long. It's kind of hard to know though because he hasn't stretched out for me yet. I'll update this if I can find out the exact measurements.

[email protected]

=P I'll try that the next time I feed him!

More pictures! I thought it was interesting when my brother asked where the beak was. We couldn't find it! So I assumed that there is a flap of skin that covers it or something.

Attachments

• conv_291721.jpg
    conv_291721.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 47
  • conv_291722.jpg
    conv_291722.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 65