• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Mimius week one

Well, just a quick update. Mimius has been with me for over a week now and seems to be settled into his home now. He is out in the open most of the time either sitting on top of his den or just outside it. He eagerly accepts fresh raw shrimp, crab and raw clams. As a treat he loves to hunt down Emerald and Fiddler crabs. So far this experience has been a great one, all the family love him. I still am awaiting Normans book in order to try and identify him, "brown octopus" just lacks personality. One pic of Mimius watching the world go by. Thanks.

Attachments

• conv_302306.jpg
    conv_302306.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 79
  • conv_302307.jpg
    conv_302307.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 67
Your serpent star is stalking him like mine does Gimpy! They seem to just know there's food where ever the octopus is! He's really cute. The stripes by his eyes reminds me of one of the ones I had, just not real sure which one. Will have to dig out my Ceph book and take a look.

Carol

Thanks Carol, any help identifying him would be great. He doesn't seem to have an ocelli. He isn't nocturnal and has an exaggerated whitening of his mantle and web when pouncing.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back