• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Mimic on Ebay!

Nice!

Ebay is horrible for animals in general IMO. I am all for etail, but its got to be reputable. That shop has been around, and doesn't have a great rep. Sad.

Looks like it ended early! Hope it wasnt the buy it now option. Normally when an item gets removed it totally vanishes from sight.

I think someone bought it, never know, they might appear here in a day or two?

Trick is to report these sales as soon as you see them. But i think that a seller could easily get round this as ebay lists...

Live Animals
Live animals or pets other than the exceptions noted here, may not be listed on eBay. The sales of the following items are permitted, provided that the seller guarantees in the listing that the animals will be packaged safely and posted via next day delivery.

Aquarium or pond fish, snails or similar creatures.

Lobsters, crabs, shellfish and other similar creatures that are live when sold but intended for human consumption.

Live insects, crickets and worms used as bait or feeder food for pets.

I think that they could say that an octopus is similar to a snail (being a mollusk) or that as people eat octopus it could be for (expensive) human consumption... unless Thamoctopus was on CITES!!!!

The seller ended the auction without eBay sale, "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale". This might have been because he sold it locally, it died or he heard enough complaints to end it (or got a warning from eBay because of complaints). Let's hope if it was a local sale, the new keeper shows up.

I keep checking his feedback every so often to see if someone left some for that item number--lol sneaky way to see if he sold it on ebay.

Rob,
He didn't sell it on eBay. If he had the withdrawl notice would not be there and the winner would have been identified in the bidder's list (unless it is a private auction but even then bids are recorded annomously).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back