miliions of q's

yo had 2 rite bout mollusc movement in my exam 2day an a few q's sprang 2 mind ,how fast do nautili move compared to squid,whats the fastest squid and how fast ,how do nautili move,what volume of water can pass through an architheuthis siphon, does anyone no how fast they they can move ahhh *breath* im done

Did you text that post from your phone during the exam? Texting is destroying a language, and confusing the bejeezus (thanks Erich) out of young and old. Wrinkles (relatively speaking) have to decipher it, the very young ones who read this sort of thing don't know any better and will perpetuate it. English (still taught in schools today, like Math, Chemistry, Biology) does matter!

Sorry to be the big meany here, but I hereby ban this evolving alphanumeric soup-like language, 'Text', from the Physiology & Biology, and Marine Conservation Forums. If you want a question answered you have to put the same time and effort into constructing that question, paying attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation and appropriate capitalisation, as we will expend answering it.

I would sooner people post in good (I'm not saying 'perfect') French, German or Hindi, and not understand what the question was, than post in Text.

Why don't you rewrite your post below, and we will see where we go.
Thanks
Steve

Hands clapping here...drives me crazy, and I just refuse to answer them...

greg

Yes, I absolutely agree :roll: I'd have to spend more thoughts on deciphering this question than writing an answer... and then it would be a waste of my time...

TK

I'll make a translation stab, since the author doesn't seem to care to and I'm curious too:

yo had 2 rite bout mollusc movement in my exam 2day an a few q's sprang 2 mind ,how fast do nautili move compared to squid,whats the fastest squid and how fast ,how do nautili move,what volume of water can pass through an architheuthis siphon, does anyone no how fast they they can move ahhh *breath* im done

TRANSLATES TO:

Good evening, O noble lovers of the ceph. As I took examinations during school today, several questions occurred to me which I believe are best answered by your illustrious selves. Thus, I place them before you with hopes of enlightenment:
1. How fast can nautili (if that is indeed the plural of nautilus) move, both in absolute terms and compared with squid?
2. What is the fastest squid, and how fast can it move?
3. How, exactly, *does* a nautilus move (see #1)?
4. What volume of water can pass through an Architeuthis siphon? I suppose what I really mean is volume in a given amount of time, such as gallons per second.
5. Does anyone know how fast Architeuthis can move?

Ah, my exhaustion has quite overcome me. I shall retire for a mint julep and some refreshing Neil Diamond, at which time I shall return, eager to read your answers.

Bravo! I'm not noted as one of the better scribes here - an awful lot from my school years is fading with my approaching senility - but I'm sick to the gills with text-messaging abbreviations! Thanks for that excellent translation!

:vampyro:

I'm just plain sick what all that you know..that
'yo-you
w8-wait
WTF-don't ask :wink:
LOL - are you really laughing out loud? I think not.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAH - Did you really count how much time you pronouce the word HA?
Lazi-lazy

I'm sick of all that...sorry about this piontless post.

Yo Steve, bro in da mantle hood. I fink its gr8 that u like dissin da text-talk. I fink that them people like dem townies & chavs who dunno prpr Eng lingo r morks or merchant bankers, yo know what I mean? As Gaz & Trish wer saying to me, da state of da educashun of kids is minging, dey dunno prpr English if it bit dem on the krunk.

Dats de word on the street, my main man.

Yours Lord Queequeg of Pequod.

Plain English Campaign

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back