Michael's bimac adventures

bamboo sharks are like leopards in siza and shape, although they never grow to be as large. (Our top of the food chain in the water happens to the occasional/seasonal sharks, which happen to be white tips, black tips and I've heard of a tiger shark back in my father's days.

No I don't scuba dive, just snorkel.

Anyway, I am hitting the first low tide of the fall on thursday september 8th. If I find any octo's ill tell you guys and see if I can't send somebody one that needs one.

I am so excited to hopefully see some octo's!

Marineboy lives in San Diego County, if you look through his previous posts, you can find where he visits the tidepools. If you are going to collect an octopus for yourself, you need a fishing license from the Dept. of Fish and Game.

everyone just calm down pleeeeeze, i have lived here all my life and i am very much aware of ALL RULES AND REGS. IN MY STATE! so lets NOT pile on ( right chrono??) and thats all i have to say about that

cuttlegirl;80053 said:
:oops: Sorry, you haven't posted in awhile, and I am still kind of new here, sorry if I offended you.
:octopus2: no worries:mrgreen: i may be heading down to the lagoon sat morning where octopets used to i will let you guys know if we find any thing there

Ok guys, sorry about not posting in a while but I have been very busy

A lot has happened to! And I just found a 30g tank with 500$ worth of equpment in it sitting on the side of the street with a free sign. So that was exciting.

lately the tides have been low and I have cought around 7 or 8 bimacs. 3 of which where the size of my thumb and perfect for an aquarium.

i did catch one full grown bimac and happened to get a moray very mad when I removed it from its jaws (I know its nature people but I just couldn't resist...). I also showed it to my biology class for my project on cepholapods.

here are some pics of the adult bimac when he was in his temporary holding tank, sry about HORRIBLE quality it was taken with a cell phone...

102206_22522.jpg

102206_22521.jpg

Good news on the aquarium equipment! Sounds like a great find.

Despite the previous pessimism by many of us, it seems that there are commercial bimacs here and there for those of us who want them, so you shouldn't have to concern yourself with catching them for us :smile:

Dan

hey everybody, I set up all the gear I found and have it up and running already with my new little buddy kraken. I found him saturday afternoon at the tidepools, and he is really cool. he has about a 1/2 inch mantle length.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back