Mesonychoteuthis humour!

Phil said:
Capital, old chap.

Indeed!! What ho, is this the Clapham omnibus? Threpenny one to Hamersmith please.

Clem said:
African or European jellied eels?

European jellied eels are, I believe, a migratory species, whereas African jellied eels are prone to hide among the mangroves. Therefore any jellied eels consumed north o' the river are likely to be European. But if you tawkin about your whelks, cockles or winkles... :snail:

Tata for now.

WhiteKiboko said:
wouldnt a hippo be about a half an elephant?

No, that would be an Elep :jester:

But then what are hippo's divided into?? And how would you weigh these things anyway? Hmmm, this calls for the BIG set of scales.

Quite right.

Unless, the African eels hitched a ride in the bilge tanks of a steam-vessel, or were introduced deliberately by a Sikh submariner intent on punishing the Sceptered Isle.

:snorkel:

Clem

Ah, Clem, surely the humble Nautilus follows a miandering non-migratory pattern. I recall no Rura-Penthe in the English Channel.

(I'm getting a bit lost now).

GeoffC said:
No, that would be an Elep :jester:

But then what are hippo's divided into?? And how would you weigh these things anyway? Hmmm, this calls for the BIG set of scales.

i walked into that one..... i dunno id have to guess a hippo is 2 or 3 gazelles.... or zebras if you follow the metric system

Phil said:
Clem said:
Yeah, me too. Weren't we talking about squid?

You want relevant? I got relevant. I got a whole herd of relevants with big ears and tusks, no wait a min... Doh!!

Ok how about this. How do you weigh a squid (thats not a cue for a lame tag line - cos if it is I've got dibs on it) but I mean does weight mean anything when you live in the sea??? Bulk I can immagine but does weight itself? ( :shock: Shock! Could this be a link back to the . ?!)

GeoffC said:
Phil said:
Clem said:
Yeah, me too. Weren't we talking about squid?

You want relevant? I got relevant. I got a whole herd of relevants with big ears and tusks

Geoff, I've I think you will find that's 'relephant', not 'relevant'.

As to your weight point, why not put a ceph on a pair of (Imperial) scales and note the result. Is this too simple?

(Does anyone have a clue what's going on on this thread?) :bugout:

Quite true about the standard texbook units...

Size/Volume - Double Decker Buses
Weight - Bull Elephants
Height - Storeys
Area - Football (soccer) Pitches
Speed - Express Trains

e.g. The Improbosaurus was the size of three double decker buses and weighed as much as 15 bull elephants. It stood as tall as a four storey building and its appetite was so prodigious that it consumed half a football pitch a day of tree-ferns. At full gallop it could outrun an express train.

:grad:

Phil said:
Geoff, I've I think you will find that's 'relephant', not 'relevant'.

As to your weight point, why not put a ceph on a pair of (Imperial) scales and note the result. Is this too simple?

(Does anyone have a clue what's going on on this thread?) :bugout:

JUDGE: President Firefly, have you any more questions for Mr. Chicolini?

CHICOLINI: Wait a minute, I got a question for-a him.

RUFUS T. FIREFLY: Yes?

CHICOLINI: What's-a got-a big ears, big tusks, and a trunk?

RUFUS T. FIREFLY: That's irrelevant!

CHICOLINI: That's-a right, that's-a r'elephant. 'Ats-a some-a joke, eh boss?

-- DUCK SOUP, 1933

(OK, so I don't remember the script verbatim, but I don't have a clue what's going on on this thread either.... :bonk: )

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back