[Octopus]: Meet Olive the aculeatus! 💕

Hadla

Wonderpus
Registered
Got her on Wednesday, she had been at the lfs for about a week. Originally thought she was full grown but she’s nowhere near the size my aculeatus was in 2018! So glad i changed my mind about getting her and they hadn’t sold her yet 🥰 I have to say these are my favorite species! She’s almost always where I can see her and she’s been on the glass more often recently. She’s as curious about me as I am about her! I hope I have at least 2-3 months with her. I decided to call her Olive because her mantle is about the size of a green one. Her arms are so long! At least 6 inches long each from her mantle. I think she’s missing one on the bottom. I had hoped to see her come out of the critter container but she learned a lot faster than my other one and got out while I was in the shower :sweatsmile: videos in next post

Attachments

• 1860ABC3-0CEB-46B0-A1BF-C3AFA446A70F.jpeg
    1860ABC3-0CEB-46B0-A1BF-C3AFA446A70F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 36F6B807-2367-4062-B8B9-B8600AECAD01.jpeg
    36F6B807-2367-4062-B8B9-B8600AECAD01.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
Well he is a boy as you confirmed XD and still getting the 55 ready. Tested the water yesterday and I gotta do a water change for like half the tank

So I was waiting for the water parameters to get better in the 55 before I moved Olive. So glad I thought to compare the results with the 10 he was in! Practically the same so I moved him a few hours ago. My boy is finally in his new home! 💕

This was a minute after I put him in. Surprisingly, he kinda went right into the measuring cup I use for my tanks! He was at the bottom of the 10 after moving most of his rocks over and I put the cup over him on the glass and he felt around it and once two legs were still on the glass I moved the cup up and he just went with it! I tilted the cup onto a rock in the new tank and when one leg felt it, he was quick to get out of the cup! 😂

after I moved the rest of his rocks, I spent a few mins searching for him and finally found him curled up under one. I’ll just have to keep doing water changes to get nitrates down. Everything else is fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back