Meet Biddle

Biddle likes scallops!!! I guess I will cross that bridge as it comes. Right now he's ok in the 27 gal, (This tank size is not recommended, especially if Biddle turns out to be what we think he may be) and I do have a local aquarium, which if he turns out to be vulgaris, between the one over the bridge and Camden, I am sure one of them would take him if need be. We shall see.....very exciting if this indeed is what he is. And I do have wind of a 150 gal someone at work may possably give me! :smile:

Biddle and Spike Update

Spike continues to grow! Now, curled up he has to be the size of a grapefruit. He is not as interested in playing with us anymore, just food....bring on massive amounts of food. He eats daily, still stays out in the open as he has from day one, but just not as interested as in the beginning in interacting with us. 9 months old.

Biddle is funny and interactive and loves to play the chase the finger game even when he is eating. His colorations are truly amazing and he still can one minute be dark brown with white spots and then go completely black and spikey. He also is eating daily and is starting to hang out watching when no one notices he's there. He is very aware of who is looking in the tank and can become very skittish, if it's not me.

Ya know I forgot I had reward points with one of my cards? So I went in and chose a camera (are you surprised:smile: ) Sony, cybershot 7.2, advertises great in low light with an actual automatic setting for this. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of these shots as I hate "flashing" my octos. Any ideas on Biddles ID? He's growing! Note how well he's copying the rock in the background of the one shot.

Biddle Update

I just realized I have not updated since Spike passed away 2 weeks ago. June 11th was 3 months for Biddle. We went out collecting snails tonight to populate his tank for the week we are gone and I was floating the bag so they would not be shocked, forgot about them till about 10 minutes ago and found Biddle, looking very puzzled, hanging off the blue zip lock baggie. He swam away looking very disgusted. He continues to grow and is still very interactive with me. I think he even likes the 75 lb. mutt my son moved back home with. At first there were quite a few small inking episodes, everytime the mutt walked by, but now I have found Biddle more than once, hanging out watching the dog run a muck!

He's still quite small, not too much larger than the barnacles.
And he has that "pixie" head that aculeatus has, yes, a cool little guy!
Maybe we'll be able to ID him when he gets a little larger.
Nice pic with the snails.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back