McLovin/ Evelyn

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Ok today i met with Tom and he personally handed me my new octopus. It is a briareus that will be named either McLovin if its a guy or Evelyn if its a girl. It is a little bigger than i expected, with about a 2 inch mantle, hopefully its not too old. It is currently acclimating and i will move it into a critter keeper, inside its new aquarium soon. I will post pictures in a bit.

yea, i loved that movie. Right now it is about to finish acclimating and it has a spikey look with some reddish spots. It looks really interesting.

ok here are some pics.

Attachments

• conv_292200.jpg
    conv_292200.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • conv_292201.jpg
    conv_292201.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • conv_292202.jpg
    conv_292202.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
so it gets used to me before i let him free. That way it knows i bring the food and it wont hide for a week before deciding im safe. Welcome to TONMO!

A two inch mantle for a briareus is not that old. It's mantle can be almost 5 inches long as an adult.

Congratulations on your new octopus, whatever its name may be!

Nancy

dwhatley;108910 said:
Monty, your Geek is showing

Although that's certainly not unusual, I can't take geek credit on this; I was really just welcoming and didn't realize the Redoc cryptography tie-in so I think in this case, you've out-geeked me, D! :notworth:

I just noticed that McLovin (im going to call him/her that for now until i am sure of the sex) has a weird brown spot on one of his arms. It seems to bulge out a little bit, but he seems fine other than that, is there anything i should be worried about? I will try to get pictures later.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back