MBARI tour Friday, August 5 - 40 spaces only

Once you register for TONMOcon, please tell me if you will also tour MBARI. We have arranged this for 40 people in two groups of 20 at 1 pm and 3 pm on Friday, August 5. This is very special - public tours are only offered once a year. Big thanks to Angus and Tim for helping arrange this!

MBARI is in Moss Landing, 16 miles up the coast road from Monterey. Transport will be worked out closer to the date - so far, carpooling seems like the best option. If you know you want to join us for this tour, it would be great if people would post whether they will need a ride or can offer a ride.

Those of you who are close to Monterey may want to know that this year, MBARI's open house will be June 25. More info on that is on the MBARI site: Open House • MBARI.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa!

Everyone -- since this is limited to two groups of twenty, only the first responders will be guaranteed a spot. Please be explicit in your attendance intentions! (i.e., you plus 2 guests at 1pm, etc.)

tonmo said:
Thanks Melissa!

Everyone -- since this is limited to two groups of twenty, only the first responders will be guaranteed a spot. Please be explicit in your attendance intentions! (i.e., you plus 2 guests at 1pm, etc.)

I'm confused-- replying to the poll sufficient to reserve slots, or do I need to PM someone or post here or something? I answered "me + 1 for 3pm" in the poll, although the +1 is tentative...

Hi Monty

Answering the poll is sufficient! I'm sorry I was unclear. I have you plus one on the list for the 3 pm tour.

Please let us know about changes after the poll or more complicated situations. Post new info in this thread or PM me.

Melissa

Sorry, I agree, this is confusing. Some clarifications:

1) I don't think answering the poll is sufficient! (You can vote when not logged in; it's not scientific enough). I suggest either posting a reply here, or if you want to disclose your interest privately, PM Melissa.

2) This has nothing to do with event registration, but as the time gets closer, anyone who signs up for MRABI will be checked against the register list, just to make sure it's all adding up.

Hope this helps!

Urk... Man.. I'd love to tour MBARI.. so it goes...
This will definitely motivate me to get myself to the next Tonmocon!
re: pictures.. YES please! I'm looking forward to pics from the various official (and unofficial) Tonmocon events/happenings!
(I'll mail a candy bar to the first person with a (live) ceph on their shoulder!)
ancora imparo,
-Paul :smile:

So let me make sure I got this? I replied to the poll w/ me +1 for 3pm. Am I in? Is it too late? :confused: If I am in, I can bring a couple of octos or squids. My car seats 4 comfortably or 5 not-so-comfortably....

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back