MBARI tour Friday, August 5 - 40 spaces only

erich orser said:
I certainly wouldn't recommend waiting in front of the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Crowded, not a quick enough egress from the city toward Moss Landing, etc. It would be a bit like waiting in front of an international airport terminal...

LOL...it would be easier to meet in San Fran and commute !!!!

erich orser said:
I certainly wouldn't recommend waiting in front of the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Crowded, not a quick enough egress from the city toward Moss Landing, etc. It would be a bit like waiting in front of an international airport terminal...

Well, my notion (based on NOTHING since I've never been there! lol) was that someone could stand off to the side of the Aquarium entrance with a sign saying "TONMO" or "MBARI" and we could congregate around that person. I'll be able to check messages til Wednesday night. After that, I might just private msg ....Melissa? Erich?? ...someone, with my cell #.

Shep

Is there any reason not to meet at the conference center?

Having never been there, I don't know how big it is or how much of a pain it would be to locate people, battle traffic, etc.

There's no reason not to meet at the conference center (unless Tom tells us to meet him somewhere else) at 12:30 for the 1 pm tour. Wear footwear to protect your toes - no sandals! Look for the small woman in a hat, carrying a TONMO sign. If that changes, I'll make sure to tell you if you give me a way to reach you. If you are concerned about not having the information, please PM me with your name and a phone number. If the number is for your hotel room, please give me your full name as the hotel has you registered.

Now to mail Tom about this, so he knows where to meet us.

Those of you on the 3 pm tour - if you do not have your own transportation, please post a note in this thread and let's see if other 3 pm tour goers will be able to offer you a ride.

Melissa

I think it is this no-sandals policy that is keeping WK back East this year!

Seriously, though, according to www.weather.com for Monterey today it was supposed to be foggy and in the 50s F. Might be a cool weekend!

chrono_war01 said:
just me being silly, but isn't it time to lock away the threads from TONMOcon 1?

Well, this one's not too useful, but I still have some pictures to get off my camera and post, so I hope that thread doesn't get locked down... (I need a "camera" or "photographer" smilie-- what's the protocol for submitting a new smilie .gif?)

Yeah... I know I still have work to do here as well... vids... someday.

This board was resting fine until you replied to it Chrono! :razz:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back