MBARI tour Friday, August 5 - 40 spaces only

tonmo said:
2) This has nothing to do with event registration, but as the time gets closer, anyone who signs up for MRABI will be checked against the register list, just to make sure it's all adding up.

Melissa,

Did you want me (and everyone else) to PM you with the names of the folks from my party so you can check them against the registration list?

Hello PT

If your buddies arrive with you, there is no need for us to get their names before meeting in person.

If you may show up separately, names could help on Friday. If people have registered and paid online, Tony may have their names. If you want to send me names, feel free.

Logistics about meeting on Friday for the MBARI tour to come as they are really determined. Driving directions, carpool thread, etc.

Melissa

Hi all. Logistics question: will there be some sort of shuttle or other plan for transportation from Monterey out to Moss Landing for the MBARI tours?

Thanks in advance and see ya'll in a week!

Shepmoon

Hi Shepmoon

I think we'll be able to get 9 people into the MBARI van for the 1 pm visit. As the driver is also our guide, it's carpooling or the bus after that. I believe a lot of people will have cars. I have the bus schedule. All of this should be in place sometime this weekend.

Melissa

Cephkid, we would be thrilled for you and your dad to join! Did you register?

There is space for the MBARI tour. 1 pm? 3 pm?

A heads up: Tom, our MBARI tour guide, suggested that with the numbers we have now, we might do well to have three smaller groups. Opinions? Nothing will happen earlier than what we've proposed already so don't fret over travel arrangements. We'll speak Monday and you'll read it here.

Melissa

YAY! Yes we did register (we DID do it right, didn't we tonmo? :lol: ), and we would prefer 3 pm (dad says it's to make sure we make it on time :wink: .) As for having three smaller groups, as long as my dad and I (dad gets top-billing. He's paying for our-his and mine- tonmocon & plane tickets after all!) get on one, it sounds smart to me.

Melissa said:
I think we'll be able to get 9 people into the MBARI van for the 1 pm visit. As the driver is also our guide, it's carpooling or the bus after that. I believe a lot of people will have cars. I have the bus schedule. All of this should be in place sometime this weekend.

So should we all gather at the Aquarium Friday morning? Will the van be coming back to Monterey between tours? Gosh I'm nosy, huh?
:wink:

The time difference is against you while you are waiting for answers, Shepmoon. I have not heard yet. I do not expect that single person acting as chauffeur, tour guide and pen pal will shuttle people back and forth between the tours. There is a bus.

I wonder if meeting at the aquarium is a good plan (could be crowded, but it's easy to find). When Tom writes back, he'll tell us where to wait and I will not delay posting that info here.

Melissa

I certainly wouldn't recommend waiting in front of the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Crowded, not a quick enough egress from the city toward Moss Landing, etc. It would be a bit like waiting in front of an international airport terminal...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back