• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Mario Brothers Cartoon

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
If you have a spare 30 minutes and aren't doing anything (at all), you may enjoy watching the 80's Saturday morning live action / cartoon show, Mario Brothers... This week, Yahooligans (kids site) is featuring "Mario of the Deep", featuring a villian octopus.

Mario of the Deep

Click the show in the upper right corner. Quote: "Why, I could beat you with 7 arms tied behind my back."

While we're talking about Mario, in almost every Mario game to date there are squid/cuttlefish monsters called Bloopers (or some variation thereof). I believe the most recent appearance for Bloopers were in Mario Sunshine; one of the Bosses was Gooper Blooper, a giant-sized Blooper who spat out ink in a typical cephalopod manner. Defeating him requires that you pull his arms off (!), but he always grows them back!

Later, you can ride different-colored Bloopers like jetskis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvianMan

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak