• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

mantis shrimp - food?

Animal Mother;102112 said:
I'm telling you, they are EVIL!!! I have read of people getting their fingers severely damaged; sliced and/or broken by them, not to mention some of them can comepletely shatter a tank. Most of the Mantis' stay small, around 4", but the Peacocks grow to about 12". Thank goodness they don't get any bigger than that, as far as we know.

I know this is an old thread but an adult peacock can only reach a max of 7 inches, 12 inches is more like the zebra mantis but those can reach 15inches

Nautilusfreak;122038 said:
I know this is an old thread but an adult peacock can only reach a max of 7 inches, 12 inches is more like the zebra mantis but those can reach 15inches

Well I won't claim to be an expert. I try to gather the most accurate info I can when I'm reading online, but as I'm sure you know, the internet is a great source of misinformation!

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

There is a peacock at my LFS right now that's probably 6-7 inches. Wish I had my 30 gallon going but I have enough to keep me busy ATM.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back