• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

male or female?

somosuno

Blue Ring
Registered
um i was wondering if someone can show me a pic of a male or female, i am veryvisual so unless someone shows me a picture i will be forever lost in the dark.The only reaso i ask is because i am getting an octopus today. I will appreciate all help thanks! :mrgreen:

Hi somosuno,

The species you're getting will determine whether you can easily tell a male from a female. The external differences are so slight with a bimac that it's almost impossible to tell. Also, if you have a young octo, it may be difficult to tell which sex. And none of them hold still for observation.

This has been discussed several times over in the Physiology and Biology Forum. Here's one link:

Male or Female?

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back