make your own

Here's instructions I found on making an small octo charm (note the number of arms):

Octopus_Charm_Tutorial_by_Oborochann.jpg

I think I would make it with 8 arms, and make them longer and in more natural octo positions. It's cute, but I would like it a lot better if it wasn't so cartoony. Make the eyes more realistic, give it a funnel, etc....

sorseress;128509 said:
I think I would make it with 8 arms, and make them longer and in more natural octo positions. It's cute, but I would like it a lot better if it wasn't so cartoony. Make the eyes more realistic, give it a funnel, etc....

The only problems with the longer arms is that sculpy is a bit brittle when fired.

J

Jean,
Have you ever tried putting it in water after it is fired? I want to make (since I can't find) an octo for a water fountain (I have a base) but don't want to mess with ceramics so this seems to be a good media if it will not dissolve.

I'm wondering how different they would look if you used the colored sculpey and if it would make it harder to paint on the details. I have a box of sculpey here so I may have found my way out of working on school work for the day :wink:

dwhatley;128534 said:
Jean,
Have you ever tried putting it in water after it is fired? I want to make (since I can't find) an octo for a water fountain (I have a base) but don't want to mess with ceramics so this seems to be a good media if it will not dissolve.

I haven't but I can't see that it would be a problem. Once it's fired its pretty impervious! I make beads with it and I've worn them swimming with no ill effect.

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back