make your own

baldtankman

Wonderpus
Registered
Thanks Jean, yeah Wellington has a spotlight and heaps of craft shops. Te Papa should carry something like this for squid kids!

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
dwhatley;128534 said:
Jean,
Have you ever tried putting it in water after it is fired? I want to make (since I can't find) an octo for a water fountain (I have a base) but don't want to mess with ceramics so this seems to be a good media if it will not dissolve.

I haven't but I can't see that it would be a problem. Once it's fired its pretty impervious! I make beads with it and I've worn them swimming with no ill effect.

J

#30Girl

Wonderpus
Registered
:talker:Really awesome! Really Neat! Really Original! Really Fantastic!:lol::talker::talker::talker::talker::talker::talker::talker:How do you make the ball? What's it made out of? Thanks!

OH! So I've started making Squishmass tree ornaments based of this, but with the right number of arms. I made a couple on turkey day and once a get a couple more baked and glazed I'll post pics :sagrin:

babyb

Hatchling
Registered
Jean;128583 said:
I haven't but I can't see that it would be a problem. Once it's fired its pretty impervious! I make beads with it and I've worn them swimming with no ill effect.

J

i used to make scuptures with this clay and its all over in the warnings to not use the cookie sheet you use to harden them again for food so that leads me to believe there a toxin in them ... i wouldnt use them in a tank

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
babyb;128719 said:
i used to make scuptures with this clay and its all over in the warnings to not use the cookie sheet you use to harden them again for food so that leads me to believe there a toxin in them ... i wouldnt use them in a tank

Sorry for the confusion, I want to make a fountain octo for my living room table, not use it in a tank. It will be freshwater and no critters :biggrin2:(I will use my RO water though because the mud and minerals in our tap water ruins fountains).