Mac my Bimac!

Here is some video of my first octopus...Mac (could be Linki) :lol: as I am not 100% sure what he is

I have had him now for about a week or so and he is doing very well. I find myself just sitting there watching him amazed at how smart he is.

When I brought him home the store had him in a hamster ball. I decided to leave him in there for a couple days to allow him to settle in. I then let him free on Saturday and he seems to be happy!

I have a seperate tank for food for him and have it stocked with emerald crabs and fiddlers. He has an AWESOME appetite

I have found some baby toys that I have placed in his tank to play with and have left the hamster ball in there as he now crawls all over it.

Here are some video clips that I grabbed tonight (poor quality but)

Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket

bluespotocto;143244 said:
I would have to say definitely not an bimac. since it is a hummlinki what is you temp on the tank at? Also since the tank will be tropical you can get some cool corals.

Cool I am very excited about it being a hummilinki! The tank had been up for a couple years and was an open top..so I took the heater out and it was down to about 72-73 degrees. Since I placed the cover on it it had gone up to about 74-75 degrees and that was with the a/c on fairly low! I was considering installing my chiller on the tank but now I dont have to!:sly:

He was trying to get the crab out of the cup today when I left for work. Am anxious to see if he was able to figure that out. He was playing with the toys in there a lot last night, esp the ball with the little balls in it!

Again, thanks all!

He is now eating krill! :yinyang: off feeder sticks! He does not go after them as readily as the crabs but he seems to like them! I am alternating each feeding with crabs one time and krill soaked in HUFA's the next. It does seem like the crabs are not filling him up as much anymore!

It seems they like some change in diet and tend to stop taking food if you only feed one thing. We try to alter live crabs with frozen shrimp and an occassional scallop (be warned, we have had all of our octos eat thawed frozen scallop initially and then never touch it again after the first or third offering), clam or oyster.

He is still doing very well! He has a great appetite. I am alternating between fiddlers, emeralds, krill and silversides soaked in HUFA's.

I actually got a job at the LFS so I can keep him fed :roflmao:

dwhatley;144610 said:
Pictures please :tongue:. Great idea to work at your LFS! Nice for the income but your experience can be helpful to others.

BAD for the income :old: Money plus some goes right back into the store when I see all the new stuff in.

Will try to post pics this weekend

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back