• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Looking for Info on this guy.

BIGGUN

Hatchling
Registered
LFS has an octopus that looks JUST like this guy.

Where can I find an ID and care info for it?

Thanks,
Kevin

Attachments

• conv_302078.jpg
    conv_302078.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 74
It's difficult to do an ID from one photo. You might do better trying to find out where the octo is from and whether it is day active or nocturnal. That might narrow down the field a bit.

Nancy

I thought it might have been the O. aculeatus.
Has a vivid light line down the center of the mantle and various skin protrusions on the mantle, some on the legs and one over each eye. It has no false eye spots.

Kevin

Sigh, let me guess...they are selling it as a "skunk" octopus, right???
Yeah, I would see when it is active, and maybe get a few live shots...looks interesting though.
greg

Reminds me of Rummler who was a dwarf. He did that coloration and had eyespots that weren't very noticeable. If that's the case he could be an adult and even though he wouldn't last long, they still have a totally different personality than a Bimac. Attitude city!!!

Carol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back