• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Loc - Callistoctopus aspilosomatis - The Ceph Stork!

Jocco

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Not a crawly but you might try a live clam.
I put 3 in a couple days ago. The shrimpies picked on 2 and they died, Oscar and Van ate them. The 3rd died a day later, same thing I think. I don't know fully.

I should try again, at 3am, and put it opened, in the back of the tank behind Octo Rock.

I'm 70% sure, Loc is back there. The scarlet shrimp are clinging to the screen (we have over the top of the tank to octo proof it) at the top of the tank, and they do that when there is a ceph OR they're picking on the algae.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
:oops: I forgot about your past attempt with clams but I would suggest trying again except put them in a separate bucket (with an air pump and airline) for a couple of days (you can use tank water) to be sure they will survive. They are not treated with the best of care in the market. In spite of this though I have had several live well over a year.

Jocco

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Rocco spotted Loc on/in Octo Rock, at 8ish am again... put a piece of shrimp on a feeder stick and Loc got wild and came for the food.

A scarlet shrimp tried to close in on the action, but with a long back leg of Loc's kept it at bay with some flailing and flicking.

We also have spotted the smallest of the hermit's shell empty towards the back and opposite side of Octo Rock... maybe hunted? I hope so!

Here is a pic of the munching.

Attachments

Jocco

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Came out and ate yesterday in the morning, Roc's phone has the vid, will upload soon. Meh quality bc of glare on the tank.

Came out around noon today, lights on and all. I tried to stick feet Loc, but it fluffed sand and buried itself under a shell. I stuck the shrimp under the shell, waiting to see the stick flinch. Nothing. It is 3:10pm.

Jocco

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Spotted at 4pm today. Took a small piece of frozen shimp.
Munching on the side of Octo rock, where Loc could easilly get up into from the "bat entrance".

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catifshconnoisseur

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak