Live Octopus briareus on Ebay

I hope so, too. The seller says nothing about care. I notice that the seller claims to have caught this little briareus himself. It's very young.

Nancy

I sent a message to the high bidder

I sent a message to the high bidder refering them to this web site if they need a reference on how to care for an Octopus. It might help, and I hope it won't hurt.

~Paul

Ebay Octo

Apparantly Steve is quite the Ceph dude. I am glad he is buying! Here is what he wrote:

Thanks Paul for writting I can tell you really care. I have been raising Octopus and Nautilus for well over 20 years. I bid just to see what would happen because I read about this guy on the web site you refer to. At this time I have between 15 and 22 octopus and 5 nautilus. My total water size is just over 1,500 gal. I have only 2 fish and several other types of sealife. All of our tanks are computer controlled and we have computized two public aquariums also. Again thanks for caring. Steve

pilotinho said:
Thanks Paul for writting I can tell you really care. I have been raising Octopus and Nautilus for well over 20 years. I bid just to see what would happen because I read about this guy on the web site you refer to. At this time I have between 15 and 22 octopus and 5 nautilus. My total water size is just over 1,500 gal. I have only 2 fish and several other types of sealife. All of our tanks are computer controlled and we have computized two public aquariums also. Again thanks for caring. Steve

"Here I am trying to rub two sticks together and this guy's walking around with a Zippo" - Costanza.

Dan

I'm a little confused. As far as I can tell, there is more than one briareus being offered.

3000gtman, I'd think a briareus would be happy in your tank. It's a tropical species and will need a higher tank temperature than a bimac.
Also, it's nocturnal, so get some red leds for night viewing. Briareus is a beautiful octopus but may be shy. It may eventually come out more in the day.

Hope you have some good shrimp and crabs on hand!

Let us know what you decide to name it and I add it to our list.

Nancy

Wow! Never know what you're going to find on Ebay!!! Good luck with your new baby and please keep us posted on arrival, acclimation and anything else!!! And we need Pictures!!!!

Carol

i just got mail from the seller and the octo is shipping tonight. ill get him tommorow morning. ill have to go in work a hour or 2 later because ill have to be here to acclimate him.here are my readings i did an hour ago.
ph=8.0 ammonia=0ppm nitrate=10ppm nitrite=.2ppm salinity =1.026 ppt
let me know if thay are ok for the little guy. the tank has been up for 9 months so it has been cycled properly. all replies would be helpful
thanx
greg

Hi Greg,

So your briareus is on the way! You have a nice big tank that's cycled a long time and your water parameters look good. The only parameter a little out of line is the nitrites - ideally this should be 0.

Hope you have some food on hand, and some form of red light (flashlight, LEDs) for observing your new little briareus when it moves about at night.

Please let us know about the arrival and when you have a name for it!

Nancy

Should be a nice tank, though Nancy is correct in that ideally the reading should be Zero...is your skimmer working ok ? You might want to run some good filtering carbon for a day or so in your filter, and do a partial change...of course, if you already have the octo, you may need to wait for him to settle in...

Keep us posted !!
greg

i put him in his new home. he loves it, he also ate a blue leg hermit crab this morning. he is really smart and fun to watch. i have been watching him for the past 5 hours. im glad i finally got my new octo. there was not even any ink in the bang when i open the package with him in it.he only inked once a small amount in the tank like 3 hours after being introduced. i think i slail moved to close to him and freaked him out. he is in a 1 gallon clear plastic container with holes in it for water circulation. im gettin my glass cut today so i can seal the tank in a day or 2. let me know what you guys think.
ill have pix up soon.
thanx
greg

be sure not to glue down the glass on top for the seal...the fumes are toxic for 48 hours. Duck (or duct) tape would be your best bet.

glad he is doing well...keep us posted!

greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back