Live marine shipments

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Sorry that you've had difficulties. It's not typical, but those things do seem to happen to all companies. The worst of it is that you had to miss work unnecessarily.

The two places that most of our TONMO.com bimac keepers have ordered from are Octopets and FishSupply. Most people have been quite happy with Octopets and have had no problems, and the same is true of FishSupply.

With something as important as an octopus, you might want to call the day of shipping to make sure the order is going off and is OK - I order all manner of things online online and always check on things that are important to me. For instance, FishSupply was late shipping to me because they accidently sold the little bimac they were holding for me and had to wait to get another. (This was before captive bred.) I didn't mind, because I phoned and made sure what was going on. Then I tracked the shipment online.

Nancy

armourk

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
octopets doesnt seem like like a totally bad company, and I wouldnt say not to use them, just like nancy said stay on top of the shipment, I might have been able to avoid the loss of work if I had called the night before, but I was waiting for the confimation email with a tracking number, and until now I didnt know when I should have recieved that email, I have used fish supply with no problems, but most of the companies I have ordered live from, ask what date and time you would like to recieve, octopets does not or at least did not ask me, it took me 4 days after my order, with 2 emails and 3 phone calls to request a ship date

armourk

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
but I will say that my new baby "dexter" is doing really well, and ate a couple of snails the first night, and has been actively hunting my hermit crabs, like I said before great product!!!

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Well, you got dexter at last... make sure you add details to the octodatabase :smile:

armourk

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
no pics yet he is still a little camera shy, but I fed him 3 clams yesterday by hand, with great success, not afraid of my hand but terrified of the tongs, and he does seem to be very curious about me he is always toward the front of the tank watching me. thank you all

Latest Posts