Live Chat Room Archives

Sep 24, 2014 1:01 AM - DWhatley: @tylerf013, you need to qualify "own". If you mean how many are commonly available for a reasonably sized home tank the answer is one (or two if you include the bobtailed squid)
Sep 24, 2014 1:02 AM - DWhatley: I have not seen any literature that discusses a type of cuttlefish that could not live in an aquarium. Availability and tank size are the two known limiting factors.
Sep 24, 2014 1:08 AM - DWhatley: Sepia apama and Sepia Officinalis are often found in public aquariums but they require a lot of resources and are short lived so only a few keep them.

Sep 25, 2014 3:23 AM - DWhatley: There are no cuttlefish on the endangered species list and no current special import restrictions

Oct 7, 2014 3:47 PM - Nathalanati: Is their anyone here currently? I have a teeny tiny issue...
Oct 7, 2014 3:48 PM - Nathalanati: Apparently I spelt my name wrong signing up... oops.
Oct 7, 2014 3:53 PM - Nathalanati: Ijust watched the first hour of the "live feed" dethawing that colossal squid. How can people sound so booring about something so facinating and exciting?

Oct 8, 2014 12:26 AM - DWhatley: Sorry, just signing in for the 7th. Glad you got your ID figured out. The dissection is definitely my kind of "reality show". I did not find the narration boring so I am confused about your comment.
Oct 8, 2014 6:11 AM - Nathalanti: it was more the presentation of the first hour (before any dissection started) was without energy. While I understand it can be difficult with fixed cameras and a presenter who is not entheusiastic on the topic.

Oct 15, 2014 9:01 PM - A. Cuttlefish: I did feel a bit that way. After the first ten minutes I was thinkingWhere's the squid being probed and measured?

Gang, the Live Chat Room still exists (see?) but it has been removed from site navigation as it is not being used. We'll prop it back up for the next interactive event... :cool2: :talker:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back